Friday, February 27, 2009

Almost There, Stay on Target

I apologize for the obligatory Star Wars reference. Yesterday, we spent nearly two hours waiting at the doctor's office for Audrey's appointment. Well, not really a doctor. I believe the correct term is a craniologist, but I cannot exactly recall. Kerri is more adept at recalling specifics. I digress.

Back to the topic at hand, we waited nearly two hours just to meet with the guy. Everyone at the office fell over themselves to apologize and what not. We were not terribly concerned other than the fact that we were soon to encounter Audrey's self-imposed meltdown periods. Dinner time and bedtime. Luckily, Kerri was quite prepared for the former. Audrey dined upon a delicacy of pureed chicken and veggies with a succulent appetizer of cheerios. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

As we neared bedtime, the doctor (craniologist?) was finally turning his expertise in our direction. Audrey's helmet has been tight as of late, so we knew she had grown quite a bit. To our surprise and our doctor's (craniologist's?) delight, her head was almost perfectly symmetrical. Terrific news! He stated that we could stop wearing the helmet if we wanted, but he personally wanted to see what would happen with one more month's donning. We whole-heartedly agreed. She has shown no ill-will towards her stylish accoutrement to this point, and it's a great barrier/safeguard for her teetering nature. Thus, she should have the helmet off permanently by the first of April. Then, her bald beautiful head will be free. Harhar.

For posterity's sake:



postscript - As to the latter self-imposed meltdown period, the ride home was much more pleasant than we anticipated. Audrey fell asleep quickly, leaving her mother and I exhausted shells after the day's festivities. It did get me out of bath duty for the evening though. Win for dad.




2 comments:

Gina said...

i like your useage of the word "accoutrement."

glad to hear her head is well-shaped.

C said...

Ha. I tried to leave the grandiloquence out of the post, but I guess that one slipped by...