Every summer it happens. Around the middle of June I start cursing this ridiculously HOT state and contemplate moving somewhere were you can actually spend your summer days outside. So this year we decided to spend 4th of July and the following week in Frisco, Colorado. My family has a very rustic cabin that holds so many memories of fishing trips, camping and simply enjoying the outdoors. The whole fam damily was there at different times during the week and even the Nelsons/Seemans came up for the 4th of July festivities. There was a lot to do around the cabin but we also had time to play and I'm not sure who was the most disappointed when it was time for us to leave- it was a close tie between Audrey and Shelby.
My Grandfather, Dad and Uncle built the cabin

Audrey and Riley walking to the pond- such good buddies!

Audrey "borrowed" Uncle Mikey's Rockies hat and beer
Uncle Tim, Me, Uncle Mikey and Audrey

Audrey checking out Uncle Tim's new tent and head gear

This picture was taken second before the wagon thing they are in tipped over- too funny!
Big Guy, Audrey and Suushie (we're still playing with the spelling) taking a walk around the marina
Uncle Tim and Audrey- they look like locals don't you think?
Happy Hour at the marina
Big Guy "Audrey the weather is this beautiful every day during the summer in the mountains."
Audrey " No way! Then why do my parents make me live in Texas?????"

Her "cheese" face
Audrey and Riley in the bath after a very fun and VERY dirty 4th of July.
Holland and I- lots of pictures of us in the mountains over the years:-)

She had so much fun playing in the mountains. Stickers, dirt, ice cream...you name it and Audrey got into it!

Mickey treated us all to homemade ice cream- Riley and Audrey are her little taste testers
What's more fun than digging in the dirt?
Cory and I at the Frisco 4th of July parade- he left shortly after this to put a certain red head down for a nap...she reached her limit and let us know.
Me, Audrey, Holland and Riley- the little girls were SO excited about another picture...

I love this picture of Cory and Audrey
We had a wonderful trip and as I am typing this blog inside our bat cave ( it's 105 outside right now!!!) I am asking myself why we left...
2 comments:
We share in our love of the mountains and our hate of the heat - looks like y'all had fun! That pic of Audrey and her uncle making the same funny face is priceless!
Looks like a blast! I love the photo of Audrey and her uncle...very funny expression! Maybe we'll get a cold spell soon...
Post a Comment