It's been a busy week around here, lots of important events ( at least in our eyes!) First, we started potty training a few weeks ago (about time right? ). Being pregnant and working didn't allow a whole lot of time to do the whole peeing every 30 minutes thing at least not for Audrey and honestly she really didn't show much interest in it. So, now that's she's 3 and I have been home on maternity leave we gave it a try. Audrey has been great with peeing in the toilet but not such a fan of # 2. I realize this is probably too much info and she will be mortified some day when she reads this but I am sure it's not the first time she will be embarrassed by something I do;-) Anyway, Sushie was in town a few weeks ago and bought Audrey the sucker in the picture below and told her she could have it when she finally pooped in the potty. Well, she FINALLY did it and immediately asked for her sucker. Nothing like a little bribery...

Thank you Sushie!!!!!

1st trip to the splash pad this summer

Madeleine found the splash pad boring & decided to nap instead

Our big girl starts preschool in August and her backpack arrived this week. Thank you Pottery Barn Kids for your sale!
The final event of our week was mostly a milestone for me. On Saturday Cory and Audrey went to her buddy Cash's birthday party while I took Madeleine to work with me. Yes, I said work...on a Saturday. Thanks to the snow days this year the final day of school for teachers was on a Saturday. So my maternity leave ended (right in time for summer- hehe) and Madeleine went with me to clean, organize and then pack up my classroom. Sweet girl napped most of the time so Mommy could get some work done- 9 hours of work to be exact.
Audrey had her hair cut recently and looks a little like a chia pet. Hopefully it will grow back as fast as one too!
Hanging out at the party
Audrey's turn
Not bad
As I am typing it is ridiculously hot. Our first day of 100 degree heat and our upstairs AC is faltering..again. So the girls and I are heading to Houston to cool off poolside at Big Guy and Sushie's for several days while Cory gets to sweat it out here while the AC is repaired. Poor guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment