
It is so hard for me to believe that Madeleine is already 4 (really 41/2) months old. We were at the beach when she turned 4 months and her check up wasn't until last Friday so I wanted to wait until we had her stats to post about it. Our sweet baby girl is off the charts in both height and weight. She has grown an incredible 7 3/8 inches in 4 months and now measures 27 3/8 inches long. Looks like she may take after her Uncles and reach over 6 feet tall. She weighs 17lbs 15oz- meaning that she has almost tripled her weight in 4 months. I know that you aren't supposed to compare your children but I think it's interesting that Audrey was 6 months before she weighed 17lbs and 9 months before she was this long. I enjoyed my Dad's explanation of her off the charts measurements...he said that she is simply a natural born leader and already ahead of the class in all aspects:-)

Madeleine is honestly one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. I may be biased but seriously she is all smiles, giggles and grins unless she is tired or hungry. She LOVES her big sister and watches Audrey all the time. Audrey in turn is an amazing big sister. She loves to help change diapers, bathe her little sister, hugs and kisses her constantly and my favorite...holds her hand when they are in their car seats. So sweet!
I love this picture - what a face!

Madeleine loves to sit up & see what is going on around her. She cannot do this by herself but is perfectly content to sit in my lap and take everything in. She is still very much a cuddle bug, especially right before nap time. Her newest accomplishment (aside from drooling on everything) is rolling over. She rolls in slow motion but it's so cute to watch her concentrate so hard and then grin from ear to ear once she does it.

She is also a great sleeper like her big sister. She is asleep most nights by 7pm and will wake once to nurse around 3 am. I am looking forward to the day she sleeps through the night but she is such a quick nurser that she's only up for about 10 minutes and goes right back to sleep.
It's hard to imagine our family without our happy Madeleine and I am trying my best to soak up what little time is left of my summer break with my sweet girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment