Sunday, April 10, 2011

She's Here!

Madeleine Elise turned 5 weeks old today so I thought it was time to post some of the pics from her unexpected yet very joyful arrival. My due date was March 24th but things happened much sooner then that. Saturday March 5th was a very quiet, low key day around the Shoemake house. My feet were incredibly swollen after a long week at work so we watched a few movies, napped, read and simply enjoyed some down time. Someone was preparing us...:-) At 11:30 that night my water broke- an all together weird experience. We woke up Audrey and finished packing our bags. We dropped Audrey off at her babysitter after explaining that she was going to a slumber party, which she seemed pretty excited about. Then we headed to the hospital. After we arrived and checked in we discovered that I was 4 cm dilated- not too much of a surprise. At my appointment earlier in the week I was 3cm but didn't think much of it. My labor progressed quickly and Miss Madeleine arrived at 5:30 am weighing in at 6lb 3oz and 20 inches. Just like with her big sister, labor and delivery were 6 hours start to finish and I did have an epidural with both. I have to say that both experiences were relatively painless and I am grateful that they were both quick.

Shortly after checking in...since it was the middle of the night we pretty much had the place to our selves.



Our sweet baby girl

Proof of her birth weight...by the next night she weighed 6 lbs 15 oz!!! The Pediatrician was convinced someone had measured wrong.

Audrey meeting her little sister for the first time.

First family picture

No comments: